Welcome to Skelsmergh Community Hall
Join Our Team
Our Community Hall Management Team needs a new Treasurer.
This is a volunteer role involving 3 or 4 meetings a year and general oversight and management of the halls finances. We’d love to hear from people who want to get involved in their local community in a meaningful way and those who have good organisational skills and confidence with numbers.
Get involved with our groups
About Our Hall
The hall is magnificently sited on a low hill with an outlook over fields towards Benson Knott and is easy to find – just 200m off the A6 and 2 miles north of Kendal, opposite Skelsmergh church.
Skelsmergh’s Community Hall was built as a ‘parish room’ in 1897 for the church parish founded in 1870 for Skelsmergh, Scalthwaiterigg and Patton and has been a hub for community activities and events ever since.
In 2002 local people came together to set up the Skelsmergh Community Hall Charity. They leased the hall from the church and raised funds to extend the premises and upgrade facilities with the help of lottery and other grants. The hall provides a high-quality venue for local events and activities and is available for weddings, children’s parties and other private functions when not previously booked.
Get in touch with us